Trout recipe, shore-lunch style
Gastronomy by Sépaq
- 4 fresh trout, cut into fillets
- 12 baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb. trimmed green asparagus
- 1 small minced onion
- A few slices of diced bacon
- A little oil
- Homemade spice mixture (paprika, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper)
- Warm a skillet over high heat.
- Add oil, bacon, and potatoes.
- Cook until lightly coloured.
- Add onions and asparagus, then continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Season with spice mixture, stir, and transfer to a plate.
- Keep the pan hot for cooking the trout. Grill the fish on each side and add a little oil if necessary. Adjust the cooking time according to the size of your fillets.
- Season generously.
- Return the vegetable mixture to the skillet, then reheat and serve.