Parc national d'Aiguebelle
Accessible and rewarding activities
The park offers a number of easy- and intermediate-level hiking trails, including the stroller-accessible La Castorière trail. You can navigate as a family on board a canoe or a rabaska canoe, a sea kayak, a pedal boat or a stand up paddle and make a stop along the way to stretch your legs or to picnic on a developed segment of the shoreline. You can also fish on lakes available for day fishing. Theatre events, activities with a focus on animals, guided watercraft activities – a wide range of discovery activities are available for the youngsters. And in case of bad weather, most activities will take place in the Camping Abijévis community hall. National parks abound with wildlife: moose, the Connecticut warbler, sharp-tailed grouse, and so much more. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching!
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
At Camping Abijévis, you have a choice of serviced or semi-serviced campsites. There’s a playground, a convenience store, a laundromat, and a community hall, where you can visit our wildlife museum and play board games with the kids.
Our all-equipped cabins offer a high-quality lakeside product. You can do some day fishing right nearby.
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
A number of easy- and intermediate-level snowshoeing trails are on offer, including Le Castor trail. During winter, the Discovery Centre is transformed into a ski chalet featuring a rest area with a fireplace, hot drinks, and snacks. If you want to spend the night at the park, cabins converted in rustic shelters offers more limited conveniences and services, and are now accessible by snowshoe or ski. With your children, come try our snow scooters. Snowshoes are available for rent and are offered free of charge for children.
More services to simplify your life
- Backpack baby carriers are available free of charge at the rental centre. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment for rent or offered without charge.
- There are changing tables at the Discovery Centre. Please consult our family services.
- There is a convenience store at Camping Abijévis and at the Taschereau Visitors Centre.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!