QUEBEC NATIONAL PARKS DAY
Parc national du Lac-Témiscouata
Celebrating 10 years of public archaeological digs
For the past 10 years, visitors to Parc national du Lac-Témiscouata have had the unique opportunity to take part in real archaeological digs. Over the years, three prehistoric sites have welcomed apprentice diggers who have learned how to handle a trowel. Their contribution has resulted in the collection of thousands of objects and valuable information about the way of life of the Indigenous peoples. Come and discover this rich heritage in the company of our archaeologist. On the program: a presentation of the excavated sites and a chance to see and touch the artifacts discovered over the summer.
- Meeting place: Anse-à-William Discovery and Visitors Centre
- Schedule: 11 a.m.
- Duration: 60 min.
- Free of charge
L'Épinoche water shuttle
Exceptionally for this special day, the shuttle will be available.
- Meeting point : Anse-à-William Discovery and Visitors Centre or Témsicouata-sur-le-Lac wharf, Cabano district
- Park departures: 9:15 a.m., 10:15 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 3:45 p.m., and 4:45 p.m.
- Departures from Cabano: 9:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 2:15 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4:15 p.m., and 5:15 p.m.
- Bookings required at 418-855-5508, ext. 2
- 50% discount on the regular one-way fare.
Equipment rental: 50% discount
50% discount on water sports equipment and bicycle rentals.
- Du Petit-Lac-Touladi Visitors Centre, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Du Grand-Lac-Touladi Visitors Centre, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Anse-à-William Discovery and Visitors Centre, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Grands-Pins Visitors Centre, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Booking required on site
Self-guided tour of the Curé-Cyr rustic shelter
Rediscover this renovated haven of peace overlooking Lac Tésmicouata. Located near the sandy shore, Grey-Owl trail (on foot or by bike), and Anse-à-William Visitors Centre (0.8 km).
- Meeting place: Curé-Cyr rustic shelter
- Schedule: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (non-stop)
- Free of charge