Introduction to alpine touring skiing
Is this your first alpine touring skiing experience or your inaugural visit to the Chic-Chocs mountains? This introductory session will provide an introduction to mountain safety. The experienced guide provided by our partner, Ski Chic-Chocs, will accompany you all day long to ensure a safe and memorable outing.
- December 26, 2020, to April 5, 2021
- Holidays (December 26, 2020, to January 3, 2021): every day
- March break (February 27 to March 14, 2021): every day
- All winter: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Length: all day long, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you rent ski equipment from the Mountain School, please arrive at 8:15 a.m. If you have your own equipment, meet the guide at 9 a.m. for the beginning of the activity.
- Rates: (taxes and park entry fee not included)
- Adults: $149 (guide service only)
- AEQ-accredited professional guide
- The activity is divided into two segments: presentation/planning of the day (duration of 1h30) followed by the outing. Depending on the group, it will be possible to do one or two ascents and descents during the day.
- Not included:
- Alpine touring ski equipment (skis, boots, poles, helmet, climbing skins, avalanche safety gear). 10% discount offered on equipment rental for participants in this activity.
- Lunch. Possibility of ordering box lunches at Gîte du Mont-Albert.
- Car transportation between the discovery and visitors centre and the activity location (15 km maximum).
- Parc national de la Gaspésie entry fee.
- Important information:
- Descents (1 to 2 during the day) in the different ski areas of Parc national de la Gaspésie and Réserve faunique des Chic-Chocs.
- Intermediate level experience at a ski centre
- Good physical condition
- Ascents (approach varying between 45 minutes and 2 hours) using attached under-ski climbing skins or a splitboard.
- Introduction to alpine touring skiing or splitboarding exclusively
- Be prepared to remain outdoors all day long (no accessible shelter or hut; lunch break outside).
- Minimum age of 12 if accompanied by an adult and 16 if unaccompanied.
- Information and bookings: 1-800-665-6527
- Cancellation terms and conditions: Activities are held at all times, except if the safety of participants cannot be guaranteed by the guide (for example, extreme cold after rain, with all areas being too frozen for travel). If the outing is cancelled by the guide, the activity is refunded.