Réserve faunique La Vérendrye
Accessible and rewarding activities
When it comes to fishing, at Réserve faunique La Vérendrye, you’re in the kingdom of the walleye. There are also lake trout, northern pike, sturgeon, bass and more! You can choose day fishing or a fishing stay.
Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching with the kids! Check out the hare, beaver, and ruffed grouse. Along the hiking trails you’ll find more than one magnificent lookout on the nature around you. If you’re passing through the Sud Registration Centre, stop to have a look at the permanent exhibition showcasing furbearing animals, fish and birds.
Come fall, you can introduce your youngsters aged 12 and older to hunting traditions. Orange vest-clad and hunting rifle in hand, watch out for ruffed grouse, spruce grouse and snowshoe hare if you’re looking for small game. Fancy a more imposing beast? Why not head off to hunt some moose or deer.
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
The fully-equipped cabins of Le Domaine sector have been recently renovated. They can accommodate up to six people. Right on the lakeside of Lac Jean-Péré, this is the perfect family vacationing spot. You can head out on the water aboard a rowboat or a kayak, play on the sandy shore, go for walks on La Pointe trail, have a barbecue or simply relax. There is also a community hall, and the warden’s cabin is located in the sector.
You’d also like to do some fishing? A Family Fishing package is offered at a very attractive price. It’s one of the very best deals on the market! What’s more, every child between 9 and 12 years of age will receive on-site fishing tips from an expert.
For those who like adventure, a number of campsites are reserved for canoe-camping in the wildlife reserve, with several easy-level family-accessible circuits close at hand.
More services to simplify your life
- A barbecue is offered free of charge when you book a cabin. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment for rent or offered without charge.
- A microwave oven is available at the registration centre. Consult our family services.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
Souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Faune shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!