Parc national de la Yamaska
Accessible and rewarding activities
The park is well known for its lively supervised beach, with a lifeguard on duty, and its large waterway where you can sail with your family on a canoe, kayak, rowboat or pedal-boat. You and your older children can test your balance on a stand up paddle board. And you can do some fishing, too! A huge play module located on the beach will delight the smaller fry as well as their bigger companions. Picnic tables are also at your disposal. Easy-level hikes are available, including along stroller-accessible La Rivière trail. With its gentle and undulating terrain, Le Grand-Tour bike riding with your children a breeze. What about the water games? It's an aquatic paradise for the whole family.
Puppet theatre, activities with a focus on animals, guided boating activities and a rally – a wide range of discovery activities are available for the youngsters. And in case of bad weather, talks will take place in the snack-bar room, located at the beach pavilion. The national park abounds with wildlife: great horned owls, dragonflies, ducks, and so much more. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching!
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
The camping area is located close to all of the park’s activities and services, and you can now choose between serviced and semi-serviced campsites. This is also the place to experience the comfort of read-to-camp tents. Fully-equipped Nature cabins are also located close to the beach, the bike path and hiking trails.
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
Taking your children for a sleigh ride will be a snap while winter hiking. And when it's snowshoeing time, a number of easy-level trails are on offer, including along La Rivière trail. Explore the park by bike! Come ride a fatbike and ride on a snowy and groomed surface for an exciting experience. You can take different trails depending on your pace and your experience. Tease the fish in an amazing setting. Réservoir Choinière is a highly appreciated place to practice ice fishing. Different packages and rental of fishing equipment.
If you want to stay overnight in the park, Nature cabins are available during the winter season, but you’ll have to make your way there by foot or snowshoe. They’re only a short hop away!
More services to simplify your life
- Bicycle trailers to take your children for a ride are offered free of charge at the rental centre. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment loaned without charge or for rent.
- Microwave ovens are available at the Discovery and Visitors Centre and at the beach pavilion. Please consult our family services.
- A snack-bar is located at the beach pavilion and offers a children’s menu, light meals and snacks, a dining room, high chairs, an outdoor terrace and an ice cream parlor.
- There is a convenience store, selling some essential products for children, at Le Maxime Discovery and Visitors Centre.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!