Parc national d'Oka
Accessible and rewarding activities
An 11 km-long natural sandy shore, a lifeguard on duty, at the beach, and a special activities program for your children, including inflatable games on occasion; a circus day; a bicycle rally or outdoor cinema. You can also sail on the lake with your family on a canoe, kayak or pedal boat. You and your older children can test your balance on a stand up paddle board. Play modules, basketball nets, outdoor ping-pong tables and picnic tables can be found on the beach at all times, while a climbing wall, board games, and foosball and ping pong tables are available in the community hall.
New! Come and let loose by discovering Aquazilla, a brand-new inflatable water course installed right near the beach. An activity that will delight the whole family!
The park also offers a number of easy- and intermediate-level hiking trails, including L’Érablière and La Sauvagine trails, accessible to big-wheel strollers. From the beach to La Grande-Baie Registration Centre, by way of Lac de la Sauvagine, our biking trail enables families to discover the calmer areas of the park. You and your teenagers can also try fat bikes on the park’s sandy shores.
Talks, activities with a focus on animals, nature and history– a wide range of discovery activities are available for the youngsters. And in case of bad weather, some of them take place indoors. National parks abound with wildlife: great blue herons, beavers, wood ducks, and so much more. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching!
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
The camping area is located close to the beach, play areas, organized activities (some of which are exclusive to clients staying overnight in one of our accommodation choices), community centre, and restaurant. This is also the place to experience the comfort of Compact cabins and ready-to-camp tents. The park also proposes to introduce you to the Camping Discovery package.
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
A number of more family-friendly trails are available for cross-country skiing enthusiasts. A cross-country skiing school also offers courses for children 4 to 13 years old and there is a shop on-site. A number of easy-level winter hiking trails are available, including Le Rivage trail where you can take your children on a sled ride. When snowshoeing, , take L’Écureuil trail. Fat bike are also available to rent, and snow mats are provided free of charge for sliding. The restaurant remains open during the winter season and offers you a menu with local flavors. If you want to stay overnight in the park, the Compact cabins remain accessible by car.
More services to simplify your life
- Several equipment are offered free of charge to families to facilitate your visit at the park. Baby carrier backpack, bicycle trailer, security fence, etc. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment loaned without charge or for rent.
- High chairs, booster seats, microwave ovens, and changing tables are found at Le Littoral Visitors Centre. Please consult our family services.
- A snack-bar, an ice cream parlor and lakeside bistros are open during the summer.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!