Parc national du Bic
Accessible and rewarding activities
Champlain Peak definitely offers one of the most beautiful views of Bas-Saint-Laurent. You can get there by foot. The park offers a number of easy- and intermediate-level hiking trails, including big-wheel stroller accessible Le Chemin-du-Nord trail. Along the way, you can linger on the shore with the children, play with pebbles, and climb big rocks. Take the time to scan the horizon for seals! There are many of them here, and they love to rest on the boulders in the coves and bays of the park.
Le Portage and La Grève bike paths are perfect for a family bike ride. There are also a number of picnic areas throughout the park.
Theatrical events, activities with a focus on wildlife, guided outings – all sorts of discovery activities are in store for the youngsters. National parks abound with wildlife, and at Bic, wildlife watching is a snap! Check out the seals, common eider ducks, whitetail deer, and so much more. Indeed, each spring, during their migration, thousands of birds of prey fly over the park near Raoul-Roy observation deck.
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
The Tombolo hub is the favourite meeting place for families. Located at the heart of the park, this new family zone includes play and relaxation areas, and a picnic corner with barbecue. And let’s not forget the semi-outdoor lounge with fireplace and view of the river!
To spend the night, you have the choice of campsites, Étoile ready-to-camp units, EXP. cabins, Écho cabins, the Abbé cabin, and yurts. You’ll have a front-row seat from which to admire the most beautiful sunsets in the world!
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
Taking your children for a sleigh ride will be a breeze on a 13 km long winter hiking trail, and many snowshoe trails are family friendly too. Plus hours of fun are guaranteed thanks to the kicksleds available for rent and the toboggan hill located near the Porc-Épic rest area (bring your equipment). The Rivière-du-Sud-Ouest Visitors Centre is open every day: information, rental, a convenience store, a shop and washrooms. If you want to stay overnight in the park, the yurts, L'Abbé cabin, Écho cabins and EXP. cabins are also accessible during winter. Don’t miss our torch-lit hikes with marshmallows during winter. An activity for all ages! Other activities are also available, do not hesitate to inquire!
More services to simplify your life
- Bicycle trailers to take your children for a ride are offered free of charge at the rental centre. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment loaned without charge or for rent.
- There are changing tables at the Discovery and Visitors Centre as well as in some of the washroom facilities. Please consult the list of our family services.
- A convenience store is located at Rivière-du-Sud-Ouest Visitors Centre and at Ferme-Rioux Discovery and Visitors Centre.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, regional products, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Rivière-du-Sud-Ouest Visitors Centre and at the Ferme-Rioux Discovery and Visitors Centre.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!