A recipe by Alexis Pageau
Preparation: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Portions : 2
- Sushi rice: 1 cup
- Rice vinegar: ¼ cup
- Speckled trout: 250 grams
- Smoked speckled trout: 75 grams
- Tempura: 1 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise: 1½ tablespoon
- Sriracha sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Cucumber: 1
- Shallots: 2
- Avocado: ½
- Seaweed leaves:2
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water is no longer milky.
- Cook the rice over low heat for 10 minutes with the same quantity of water as of rice.
- Allow the rice to cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar and mix lightly.
- Finely chop the fillet of speckled and smoked trout (see NOTE).
- Finely chop the shallots.
- In a bowl, combine the fish, shallots, tempura, mayonnaise, and sriracha sauce.
- Cut the cucumber into thin strips without keeping the seed segment.
- Cut the avocado into thin strips.
- Apply a thin layer of rice to the seaweed leaf.
- Apply a strip of tartar in the middle of the seaweed leaf.
- Add a few slices of cucumber and avocado to the tartar.
- Carefully roll the whole mixture so as not to tear the seaweed leaf.
- With a sharp knife, cut the roll into six sections.
NOTE: Be sure to freeze the trout for a minimum of 72 hours to kill any parasites.