Grilled sour lettuce, sour beer vinaigrette, and Taliah cheese
A recipe from Martin Juneau
- 2 cleaned bitter heads of lettuce (the variety is up to you)
- 60 ml of camelina oil
- 10 ml of cider vinegar
- 20 ml of sour beer
- 10 ml of honey
- 10 ml of strong mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g of Taliah cheese (or another Gruyère-type cheese)
- In a deep stainless-steel mixing bowl, mix the honey and mustard, then add the vinegar and beer, season to taste with salt and pepper, then finish making the vinaigrette by whisking while gently pouring the camelina oil. Store in the refrigerator.
- Cut the lettuce lengthwise in two and baste with camelina oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then grill the lettuce on the fire for two minutes until darkened yet still firm.
- In a suitable bowl, thoroughly coat the lettuce with the vinaigrette, then transfer to a plate. Finish by grating the cheese (using a microplane) on the lettuce until thoroughly covered.