Cross Country Skiing, Day Pass and 12-Pass Booklet
Reservation Terms and Condition
DAY PASS VALIDITY, MODIFICATION AND CANCELLATION
Day passes for cross country skiing may be purchased for the same day or the following day. Each pass is only valid for the date that appears on the pass. At all times, the customer must be ready to show his or her day pass, photo identity card, and if applicable, an Annual Parcs Québec card to Sépaq staff members who ask for them. All members of a family must carry their day passes with them.
12-Pass Booklet: the cross country skiing coupons in the booklet are valid at Sépaq’s 7 ski centres, and they are also transferable. Allow about 10 working days for the delivery of your booklet. To pick up a day pass, please hand in one of the coupons at the reception desk. Day passes do not include the entry fees in effect at the national parks.
MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION
No modifications or cancellations are allowed.
Day passes for skiing are not refundable and have no cash value.
The total cost must be payed with Visa, Master Card or American Express credit cards.
Business hours for ski centers
Customers are responsible for checking the business hours of the establishments they wish to visit.
For more information
- Parc national du Mont-Mégantic: 819-888-2941
- Parc national du Mont-Orford: 819-843-9855
- Parc national du Mont-Saint-Bruno: 450-653-7544
- Parc national du Mont-Tremblant: 819-688-2281
- Parc national d'Oka: 450-479-8365
- Camp Mercier, Réserve faunique des Laurentides: 418-848-2422
- Station touristique Duchesnay: 418-875-2122
Entry Fees in the National Parks
National parks customers must pay the applicable daily entry fee or hold an Annual Québec National Parks Card.
For more information about the Annual Québec National Parks Card, visit our Web site or call our Sales and Reservation Office at 1 800 665-6527.
Your Safety; your responsibility
Outdoor activities can involve certain risks, so always be sure to have the skills and abilities required for the activity you choose. Your abilities must not be impaired by alcohol, a drug or medication. It is very important to find out about the risks involved in the activity, to know and respect your own limits and to use appropriate equipment. We suggest that you visit our section Security.
Please note that under certain conditions, your dog could be allowed in some establishments. However, no other domestic animals are allowed. Please consult our Domestic animals section for details.
Equipment provided by Sépaq
Any damages to Sépaq equipment will be repaired or cleaned at the customer’s expense.
Respect for the Environment
Conserving the natural environment is everyone’s business. For this reason, the following is prohibited:
- Killing, capturing, wounding, molesting, harassing, feeding or taming an animal. Please note that animal harvesting is authorized in hunting packages in the wildlife reserves and fishing packages in the wildlife reserves and national parks.
- Disposing of garbage in places other than designated containers and burning garbage in campfires.
- Cutting down, damaging, taking away or planting a tree, bush, any other kind of plant, or any part of them.
- Collecting dead wood.
- Leaving dishes or food lying around. Out of respect of the wildlife, it is important to keep food in the car or in designated installations.
Closures or prohibition of activities
In the interest of safety and prevention, Sépaq reserves the right to prohibit the practice of activities normally offered or traffic in an establishment or sector thereof, when it deems it necessary or if there are risks to the safety of persons. Only the cancelled activity can be refunded or compensated.
Access to information law
By virtue of the Access to Information Law, Sépaq personnel may not transmit any information about clientele (e.g. name, site number, etc.). However, a bulletin board located at the reception post will be available to customers who wish to leave messages.
Anyone who breaks these rules may be expelled immediately without a refund.