Walk the trails, admire nature, breathe in the fresh air and, if you’re so inclined, climb mountains too! Sépaq offers more than 200 trail possibilities, ranging from family walks to challenging mountain hikes. It is one of the essential activities for discovering Québec’s most beautiful territories, in any season and along any trail.
Always check out the weather forecast before you leave, keeping in mind that conditions could change quickly, especially in the mountains.
We advise you to bring along the following items:
- Water bottle
- Mosquito repellent
- Cell phone (The isolation of certain areas limits the use of cell phones. Nevertheless, we recommend that you bring a communication device.)
- Identity card
- First aid kit
- Multilayered clothing
- Hat or cap
- Walking boots or sports shoes with a solid sole (avoid sandals)
- Walking sticks
- Boating safety kit (whistle, bailer, 15-m buoyant heaving line, watertight flashlight)
- Topographical map specific to your outing
- Waterproof bag
- Closed-toe slip-resistant shoes (Especially if portages are part of your trip)
To jog your memory, consult these checklists:
Update it as you go on more camping trips and have more experiences!
National park, wildlife reserve, or other Sépaq establishments?
National parks are havens for outdoor enthusiasts. What a privilege to have access to so many exceptional territories, so close to home! Why not explore them while hiking, canoeing, cycling ... or during a discovery activity. You could take part in a fireside chat, join a guided hike, go on a commented excursion out on the water, participate in a theatrical performance, or simply talk with a park warden. Please note that an entry fee, which is 100% reinvested in your national parks, will be added to the cost of all stays.
Wildlife reserves provide a wilderness experience with great adventures in store. These destinations are also ideal if you plan to fish. Some 95% of our fishing offer is concentrated in the Sépaq wildlife reserves. You’ll find fish. Lots of beautiful fish! But make sure that you’re well equipped to get around. You may have to drive several kilometres on gravel roads to reach your accommodations sector or waterways.
Camping des Voltigeurs, Centre touristique du Lac-Simon, Centre touristique du Lac-Kénogami and Station touristique Duchesnay offer vacationers an atmosphere that can’t be beat. They’re located near a town or village where you can buy fresh produce and enjoy all sorts of regional activities.
Sépaq wishes you an unforgettable outdoor experience and invites you to be Careful by nature!
Here are a few important do’s and don’ts:
- Venturing outside the trails in national parks is not allowed.
- All waste must be disposed of in the appropriate places.
- Under certain conditions, your dog could be allowed in some establishments. However, no other domestic animals are allowed. Please consult our Domestic animals section.
- National parks are governed by certain rules and guidelines.
Stay overnight with us
Nature, outdoor activities, a crackling wood fire…all you’ve ever dreamed of and more!