On any outing through the most beautiful and unspoiled snowy territories of Québec, you should expect to encounter a number of wild animals. Whether you cross paths with a hare, a bird, a fox, or a deer, these encounters will be intense and exciting. If you remain discreet, you’ll be able to observe their behaviour longer. You’ll feel blessed.
Some particularly likely meeting places offer amenities and equipment to facilitate this experience. Many discovery-oriented activities are also organized by our enthusiastic staff. Don’t hesitate to join in!
Access to trails
- Maintained and sign-posted trails
- Observation decks showcasing beautiful views
- Warming hut*
- Difficulty degree : easy, intermediate and difficult
- Possibility of backpacking with overnight stay in a hut or on a primitive campsite
* Available at certain locations only.
Security and regulations
Sépaq wishes you an unforgettable outdoor experience and invites you to be Careful by nature!
Here are a few important do’s and don’ts:
- Venturing outside the trails in national parks is not allowed.
- All waste must be disposed of in the appropriate places.
- Under certain conditions, your dog could be allowed in some establishments. However, no other domestic animals are allowed. Please consult our Domestic animals section.
- National parks are governed by certain rules and guidelines.
Regulations and useful information
Cohabitation with vulnerable or threatened species
We ask for your cooperation to ensure a harmonious cohabitation between visitors and the wildlife present on the territory. It is essential to preserve the peace and quiet of the various species by keeping a safe distance from them, especially those considered vulnerable or threatened, such as caribou. These species are very sensitive to disturbance and any situation that could lead to an interaction with humans must be avoided.
Let yourself be inspired
You'll also like
Stay overnight with us
Nature, outdoor activities, a crackling wood fire…all you’ve ever dreamed of and more!