Do you have questions?
Are you about to book your stay or come and visit us? Maybe you have some questions? Our team is here to help you. You’ll find answers to the most common questions below.
While you’re shopping around
- Rustic or with services: what’s the difference?
- Rustic campsites are located close to a dry toilet and are without drinking water facilities. Campsites with services, for their part, are located near washroom facilities and a drinking water access. They may also provide onsite services such as water, electricity, and sewers.
- Is it possible to stay on a Friday or Saturday for only one night?
- Bookings for one night are accepted 72 hours before arrival on site, as of 9 a.m. If you wish to book in advance, the 2-night minimum stay must be respected. For ready-to-camp, a stay must be a minimum of 2 consecutive nights at all times.
- My tent or recreational vehicle is very roomy. Can there be more than 6 of us on the campsite?
- However, there might be exceptions for families with several children. Contact us at 1-800-665-6527. Group campsites can also accommodate more than 6 people.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Your dog could be admitted under certain conditions. Consult the applicable rules and authorized sites.
- If I book a campsite in a rustic camping loop, can I go take my shower in a camping loop with washroom facilities?
- You can use these services. However, they may not be close by.
- My tent or recreational vehicle is very big. How I can make sure that the campsite will be large enough?
- When you make your booking, you can enter this information in the "Equipment" menu and filter your search. The information can also be found on the fact sheet of the chosen campsite.
You’re ready to book?
- Do I need to have a credit card to book by phone or online?
- Bookings made online or by phone must be paid by credit card (or prepaid credit card). If you go to an establishment, most payment types will be accepted.
- Do I have to pay right away?
- Yes, you must pay the total cost of the stay at the time of booking.
- I didn't see anything available online. If I call the Customer Relations Centre or the establishment directly, will I have more choices?
- The availability on the website is updated in real time.
- Do you have waiting lists for cancellations?
- As soon as a booking is canceled, it will appear as available on the website.
- I’m looking for a canoe-camping, kayak-camping, group-camping, or fishing-camping site. Can these be booked on the website?
- For this campsites, you must contact us at 1-800-665-6527.
- When can I make bookings for the upcoming year?
- To know the exact date, see the booking conditions of the campground, or ready-to-camp.
You’re planning your stay
- Do I have to print the booking confirmation and present it on arrival?
- We already have all the information. However, to speed up the process, you can print it, save a digital copy, or note your booking confirmation number.
- Do you have the exact address for the GPS? What's the best way to get driving directions?
- Don't rely on your GPS, because our territories are very big and there could be many registration centres. The most accurate driving directions are In the Information section of the establishment you want to visit.
- What should I bring during my stay?
- Whether you’re camping or staying in a ready-to-camp, consult the fact sheet of the campsite chosen at the time of booking to find out what is included. An array of gear and accessories are available for families. You could print yourself a memory aid (in French only) which will be useful when packing your luggage.
- What can I do during my stay?
- Consult the webpage of your establishment for the range of activities available.
- At what time can I arrive?
- Sépaq does not guarantee the availability of the campsite before 3 p.m. or of the ready-to-camp before 5 p.m. However, you can arrive earlier and enjoy the on-site activities.
- Is a second vehicle allowed on site?
- Only one vehicle is permitted per campsite, free of charge, where permitted. Additional vehicles must be parked in areas designated for this purpose (fees may apply).
- Can I pitch a second tent or a floorless kitchen tent (kitchen shelter)?
- It depends. This information can be found on the fact sheet of the campsite chosen at the time of booking.
- Can I make a fire?
- It depends. Campfires or cooking fires are permitted only in designated areas and must be extinguished before you go to bed. They must be monitored by a person responsible for them at all times. During very dry weather, fires may be prohibited as per SOPFEU recommendations.
- Can I bring my own firewood?
- We recommend that you buy it locally, burn it on site, and not bring it home. Transporting firewood is an important vector of diseases that affect trees. Details
You want to change or cancel your booking?
- The weather forecast isn’t good. What are my options?
- Our experience tells us that we can't always rely on the weather forecast. A number of activities can be enjoyed despite cloudy skies or rain. Don't let a bit of bad weather get in your way!
- How can I change a camping booking and how much will it cost?
- Here's where to find information about a campground or ready-to-camp.