Discover the alpine environment of the Chic-Chocs on snowshoes. With a guide from our partner Ski Chic-Chocs, you’ll visit areas featuring spectacular lookouts.
- December 26, 2022, to April 10, 2023
- Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday
- Length: all day long, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Present yourself at 8:15 a.m. at the Mountain School to pick up the equipment. At 8:30 a.m., meet the guide for the beginning of the activity.
- Rates: (taxes and park entry fee not included)
- AEQ-accredited professional guide
- The activity is divided into two segments: presentation/planning of the day (duration of 1 hour) followed by the outing. The duration of the activity may vary depending on various factors such as weather conditions and the fitness level of the participants.
- Alpine snowshoes, avalanche safety equipment (shovel, probe, avalanche victim detector)
- Not included:
- Lunch. Possibility of ordering box lunches at Gîte du Mont-Albert.
- Transportation by car between the discovery and visitors centre and the activity location (maximum of 15 km).
- Parc national de la Gaspésie entry fee.
- Important information:
- You must be in good physical condition. Depending on weather conditions, this is an intermediate-to-difficult-level trail. You will be paired with other participants whose physical level may vary from yours. The distance travelled and the duration of the activity may vary.
- You must be able to get around by snowshoe.
- You must be prepared to remain outdoors all day long (no accessible shelter or hut; lunch break outside).
- Minimum age of 12 if accompanied by an adult and 16 if unaccompanied
- Information and booking: 1-800-665-6527
- Cancellation terms and conditions: Guided activities are held at all times, except if the safety of participants cannot be guaranteed by the guide (for example, extreme cold after rain, with all areas being too frozen for travel). If the outing is cancelled by the guide, the activity is refunded.