Réserve faunique de Papineau-Labelle
Accessible and rewarding activities
Large sandy shores where children can make the most beautiful castles! A game module is also installed directly on the sandy shore of Lac Echo for to the delight of children. Calm lakes where you’ll set off aboard a canoe, a kayak or a pedal boat! Located between Gatineau and Montréal, Réserve faunique Papineau-Labelle is a vacationers’ paradise!
You’ll be surprised by the abundance of wildlife. With the children, head to Lac Lanthier where you can spy ducks, moose and white-tailed deer from an observation tower. You can also take advantage of your visit to do some otter, wild turkey and beaver watching. Explore the hiking trails to discover the territory.
You like fishing? All sorts of fish are at your disposal, including brook trout, lake trout, splake, rainbow trout, landlocked salmon, bass, walleye, artic char and pike.
Come fall, you can introduce your youngsters aged 12 and older to hunting traditions. Orange vest-clad and hunting rifle in hand, watch out for ruffed grouse, spruce grouse and snowshoe hare. Small game hunting is a perfect introduction to this activity for a youngster. Fancy a more imposing beast? Why not head off to hunt some moose or dear.
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
Check out Campings du lac Écho and Camping Joinville this summer. It’ll be love at first sight! They’re located along a lake and a splendid sandy shore. Why not explore the hiking trails nearby? Or do some day fishing? You can also experience the comfort of a ready-to-camp tent at Camping du lac Écho. Adventure lovers will also want to find out about the canoe-camping circuits.
The lakeside log cabins are often isolated, sometimes even on their own island. Peace and quiet guaranteed! Most have their own little private shoreline. You can navigate on the lake, play in the sand, have a barbecue, relax, and dream! Réserve faunique Papineau-Labelle also offers large cabins that can accommodate up to 22 people. Bring the whole family!
A Family Fishing package is offered in a number of sectors at a very attractive price. It’s one of the very best deals on the market! What’s more, every child between 9 and 12 years of age will receive on-site fishing tips from an expert.
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
Explore the easy- and intermediate-level backcountry skiing trails. They’re perfectly flat, making them very family accessible. There are 11 huts along the circuit and a waxing room at Gagnon Registration Centre. There is also a warden on site. If you want to spend the night, huts are available for rent.
You like snowshoeing? In the wildlife reserve, you can snowshoe along while taking your kids for a sleigh ride. And why not try some dog sledding?
More services to simplify your life
- During summer, a kayak and a barbecue are included when you book your cabin.
- Canoes are available for rent at a number of places in the wildlife reserve. Kayaks and pedal boats are also available at Camping du lac Écho. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment for rent or offered without charge and our family services.
- There is a mini-convenience store at Lac Écho. You’ll find sweets and those famous marshmallows you’ll need to complement your evenings around the fire.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
Souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Faune shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!