Réserve faunique Mastigouche
Accessible and rewarding activities
To the delight of the youngsters, at Lac Saint-Bernard campground, there is a children’s playground. You can relax on the lake aboard a canoe or a kayak and even sneak up on a heronry, nestled on a small island. An impressive sight indeed!
Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching as well. Check out the hare, golden eagle and loon. Explore the hiking trails, including Six-Chutes trail, easily accessible from route 1. It will lead you to an observation tower where you can admire the waterfowl of Lac Bourassa. It is also a nice place for a picnic. The Falaise trail is also easily accessible from Saint-Bernard campground.
Come fall, you can introduce your youngsters aged 12 and older to hunting traditions. Orange vest-clad and hunting rifle in hand, watch out for ruffed grouse, spruce grouse and snowshoe hare if you’re looking for small game. Fancy a more imposing beast? Why not head off to hunt some moose?
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
You can opt for the Saint-Bernard cabin located close to the campground activities. In the mood for a vacation with the extended family? The cabins of the Lac-Shawinigan sector can accommodate up to 14 people. These are places where you can head out on the water aboard a rowboat or a kayak, play on the sandy shore, try stand-up paddle, have a barbecue or simply relax. You can also pitch a tent for the children next to your cabin.
A Family Fishing package is offered in other sectors at a very attractive price. It’s one of the very best deals on the market! What’s more, every child between 9 and 12 years of age will receive on-site fishing tips from an expert.
At Camping du lac Saint-Bernard, you have a choice of serviced and semi-serviced campsites. This is also where you can experience the comfort of ready-to-camp tent. There is a sandy shore, water activities, a children’s playground, a community hall, a convenience store and an equipment rental centre. Fishing is an option too. This is also the departure point for hiking trails where you can discover magnificent views of the lake and the beauty of the forest. Find out about the treasure hunt at the campground convenience store. Your kids will be delighted to participate!
For those who like adventure, Lac Sans Bout is ideal for family canoe camping.
More services to simplify your life
- A barbecue is offered free of charge when you book a cabin. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment for rent or offered without charge.
- There are changing tables at the washroom facility of Camping du lac Saint-Bernard. Please consult our family services.
- A convenience store is also located at Camping du lac Saint-Bernard.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
Souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Faune shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!