Parc national de la Pointe-Taillon
Accessible and rewarding activities
The sound of the waves of Lac Saint-Jean, kilometres of sandy shoreline, one of Quebec’s most beautiful beaches, an outdoor playground for the kids, a volleyball court… a true paradise for families! You can go sailing on Lac Saint-Jean when it is still and on Rivière Taillon on board a canoe, kayak or a pedal boat. Since the park’s bike path is on level ground, you can go on comfortable bike rides with your children. It is also a nice big-wheel stroller accessible place for walking.
Theatre events, activities with a focus on animals, a visit with a park warden– all sorts of discovery activities sare in store for the youngsters. In case of bad weather, certain activities can take place in a sheltered spot away from the damp or cold. And don’t miss the exhibition! National parks abound with wildlife: moose, beaver, grouse, and so much more. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching!
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
Campsites are accessible on foot or by bike (2, 4 or 20 km) and we lend you a trailer free of charge to transport your luggage. A number of them are located along Lac Saint-Jean. The surroundings are incredible! You can also experience the comfort of a ready-to-camp tent. A new campground in Camp-de-Touage-Les-Îles sector is now accessible.
More services to simplify your life
- Trailers for a bike ride with your children are offered free of charge at the rental centre. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment for rent or offered without charge.
- There are changing tables at the Discovery and Visitors Centre. Please consult our family services.
- There is a snack-bar with an indoor dining room and an outdoor terrace at the Discovery and Visitors Centre.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!