Parc national du Mont-Tremblant
Accessible and rewarding activities
A territory blessed with some 400 lakes, a paradise for navigators, large and small! Navigate these lakes and waterways with your family on board a canoe, kayak, rowboat or pedal boat and then take a break to stretch your legs or to picnic on sandy shores. Two supervised beaches, with a lifeguard on duty are available for swimmers. Volleyball courts and swings for children are located nearby. You and your bigger offspring can also test your balance on a stand up paddle.
The park offers a number of easy- and intermediate-level hiking trails, including the big-wheel stroller accessible Les Chutes-Croches and Le Lac-aux-Atocas trails of La Diable sector and La Chute-aux-Rats trail of La Pimbina sector. You can go for bikes rides with your family on these two trails as well! With your children over 8, you can seize the unforgettable opportunity offered by a Via ferrata du Diable and safely negotiate the rock wall.
Multimedia talks or other such chats around a campfire, activities with a focus on animals, guided watercraft activities – all sorts of discovery activities are in store for the youngsters. In case of bad weather, some activities will take place at La Pimbina Sector Discovery Centre or Registration Centre. Upon arrival, your children will be given the Young Explorer passport inviting them to participate in discovery activities designed just for them and making them eligible for a contest. National parks abound with wildlife: moose, white-tailed deer, weasels and so much more. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching!
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
In the different campgrounds, you have a choice of serviced or semi-serviced campsites or of experiencing the comfort of a ready-to-camp tent. In La Diable sector, the Castor, Ours, Grenouille, Chevreuil and Bacagnole campgrounds are located close to the beach. In La Pimbina sector, you will find the Pinson-Chanteur, Geai-Bleu and Aigle-Pêcheur campgrounds.
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
If you wish stay overnight in the park during the winter season, La Diable and La Pimbina sectors offer comfortable and fully-equipped cabins. These sectors also feature a number of easy-level de snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trails. A small snow tubing slope has been set up close to the Discovery Centre in La Diable sector.
More services to simplify your life
- High chairs are available at the main registration centres. Please consult our family services.
- Free bike loans for children of 17 years of age and under in a family situation. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment for rent or offered without charge.
- A selection of ready-to-serve meals is offered at Lac-Monroe Visitors Centre and at the Discovery Centre.
- A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!