Parc national du Mont-Saint-Bruno
Accessible and rewarding activities
Close to Montreal, in the heart of an urban and agricultural setting, you will find lakes, an orchard, a tea room and kilometres of easy- and intermediate-level hiking trails, including the big-wheel stroller accessible Grand-Duc and Saint-Gabriel trails. A children’s playground and picnic tables are available near the trails. During your visit, make sure to stop at Le Vieux Moulin tea room, a beautiful 250-year-old building. Enjoy the terrace while sipping tea, specialty coffee, hot chocolate or homemade lemonade. Pastries and smoothies are also available. In the fall, you can go apple picking in the orchard.
Shows and organized activities, activities with a focus on animals, short guided hikes– all sorts of discovery activities are available for the youngsters. The national park abounds with wildlife: white-tailed deer, the Pileated Woodpecker, kingfishers, and so much more. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching!
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
A must for winter sports fans! Cross-country skiing enthusiasts can take family-friendly trail 8. There is even a cross-country skiing school where children four years of age and over can take a course. An equipment rental shop and a waxing room are also available on site. In addition, you can take your children for a sleigh ride on Le Grand-Duc hiking trail and L'Hermine snowshoe trail. During the winter season, the Discovery and Visitors Centre remains accessible by car. There you will find information, a shop, washrooms, snacks and hot soup! The Vieux Moulin tea room is open on weekends. Come in and warm up!
New! "Sur la piste des Cubes énergie" trail circuit
In collaboration with the Grand Défi Pierre Lavoie and La Petite Expé, the park is offering the brand-new "Sur la piste des Cubes énergie" trail circuit, a fun and free formula to familiarize youngsters with cross-country skiing in an enjoyable and relaxed context. It includes a learning area to introduce them to the equipment and to sliding. Once they feel confident, a 600-metre loop is at their disposal: a no-pressure way for them to get acquainted with the pleasures of track-set trails.
More services to simplify your life
- Sleighs to take your children for a ride in cross-country skis are offered free of charge at the rental centre. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment loaned without charge or for rent.
- A microwave oven is available at the Discovery and Visitors Centre. Please consult our family services.
- The Discovery and Visitors Centre snack-bar offers visitors light meals and snacks. The Vieux Moulin tea room offers tea, coffee, hot chocolate and pastries.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!