Parc national de Frontenac
Accessible and rewarding activities
Surf, paddle or do a bit of fishing in one of the bays of Grand Lac Saint-François. No matter your age, you canoe, rowboat, kayak or a pedal boat or test your balance on a stand up paddle board. Back on dry land, a number of easy- and intermediate-level hiking trails are on offer, including La Tourbière trail in the Saint-Daniel sector and stroller-accessible L’Érablière and Les Passereaux trails in the South sector. You and your family can also go for a little spin on the biking trails.
The youngsters can enjoy a wide range of discovery activities including guided watercraft activities and activities with a focus on animals. In case of bad weather, a number of activities will be held in a shelter. As soon as you arrive, your kids will receive a Young Park Warden passport inviting them to participate in discovery activities designed just for them, and making them eligible for a contest. The park abounds with wildlife, including white-tailed deer and bald eagle, not to mention great blue heron. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching! Two observation towers have in fact been erected on La Tourbière trail (Saint-Daniel sector).
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
At Camping Baie-Sauvage, in the South sector and at Camping Rivière-aux-Bluets, in the Saint-Daniel sector, you can choose a wooded, private,serviced or semi-serviced campsite, or experience the comfort of a ready-to-camp tent. Nearby, you’ll find outdoor children’s playgrounds as well as visitors centres, where you can set off on guided expeditions, purchase staple products or souvenirs, and rent watercraft or bikes.
All-equipped waterside cabins offer access to the lake. A canoe and a rowboat are provided for promenading. Cabins are located in the south sector.
More services to simplify your life
- Bicycle trailers to take your children for a ride are offered free of charge at the rental centre. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment loaned without charge or for rent.
- Changing tables are available in washroom facilities and at the South and the Saint-Daniel visitors centres. Please consult our family services.
- Try Happy Yak meals, the Happy Yak food service offering ready-to-eat dishes at the South Sector Discovery and Visitors Centre.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!