Parc national des Îles-de-Boucherville
Accessible and rewarding activities
Give in to the charm of quiet natural surroundings just steps away from the hustle and bustle of Montréal! Discover channels and marshes on board a canoe, sea kayak, pedal boat or rabaska canoe. You can also test your balance on a stand up paddle. Île-aux-Raisins trail, with its observation tower, features a lookout on Montréal. Explore a number of easy-level hiking trails, including the big-wheel stroller accessible L’Île-Sainte-Marguerite and L’Île-de-la-Commune trails. (These very same trails are also accessible by bike, as is L'Île-Grosbois trail.) Cycling is the best way to get around in the park, and bikes can be rented on site. Bring your lunch: there are a number of picnic areas throughout the park. It’s easily accessible on foot or by bike. Children’s playgrounds are located on Île Sainte-Marguerite! Fishing is also an option, and fishing gear can be rented on site.
Theatrical events, activities with a focus on animals, guided water activities – all sorts of discovery activities are available for the youngsters. The national park abounds with wildlife: white-tailed deer, beaver, ducks, and so much more. Take advantage of your visit to do some wildlife watching!
Accommodations that the whole family can really enjoy
A campground has been set up on Île Grosbois, where peace is guaranteed. A busy stay is in store as well, featuring discovery activities; water activities (kayaks and canoes available for rent); a playground; an amphitheatre; and so much more. The site offers a convenience store and complete washroom facilities too. The campground is about three kilometres away and can be reached on foot or by bike. This is also the ideal place to experience the comfort of a ready-to-camp tent.
Espace VR in the Molson sector can accommodate families with a trailer or a recreational vehicle.
In winter, the family is always more than welcome
You can enjoy snowy landscapes and natural calm a mere stone’s throw from Montréal. The park is so flat that taking your children for a sleigh ride on the winter hiking and snowshoeing trails will be a breeze. The Discovery and Visitors Centre stays open and offers information, an exhibition, a shop, washrooms and vending machines
More services to simplify your life
- Campers can borrow a trailer free of charge to transport luggage, whether by bike or on foot.
- Bicycle trailers and trailer cycles to take your children for a ride are offered free of charge at the rental centre. Please consult the list of outdoor equipment loaned without charge or for rent.
- A microwave oven is at your disposal at the snack-bar of the Île Sainte-Marguerite Discovery and Visitors Centre. Please consult the list of our family services.
Don’t forget the souvenirs
A vast array of souvenirs, clothing for adults and children, discovery products for the young, and outdoor merchandise can be found at the Boutique Nature shop.
What is the Sépaq Family Experience?
- Affordable prices and a number of complimentary activities for youngsters 17 and under
- A vast array of rewarding activities adapted especially for the family
- Equipment provided free of charge to simplify your life (in most destinations)
- A warm welcome and a flexible family-friendly approach
- Accommodation options for each and every budget
Look for the seal that identifies experiences especially designed for families!