Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs
Getting to the lodge
Sainte-Anne-des-Monts: where the adventure begins
Before heading to Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs, you must stop at our registration centre in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts. This is where we await you to start the adventure because no personal vehicle can make its way to the lodge.
Sainte-Anne-des-Monts Registration Centre (also Hôtel & Cie):
90, boulevard Sainte-Anne Ouest (route 132)
Sainte-Anne-des-Monts (Québec) G4V 1R3
Restricted office hours
Arrival and departure protocol
Access to the lodge by personal vehicle is prohibited in all seasons.
Please respect the departure time from the Sainte-Anne-des-Monts registration centre, confirmed at the time of booking. You must arrive at least half an hour before the confirmed departure time.
In case of delay, please contact the registration centre at 418-763-7822 or our sales department at 1-800-665-3091 to notify the agent of your situation. You must park your car at the registration centre for the duration of your stay (lighted but unsupervised parking provided free of charge). From the registration centre, a minibus will take you to Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs. Our staff at the registration centre will look after you as soon as you arrive. Maps, and photos of the territory are available on site.
For your comfort, it is strongly recommended that you bring appropriate clothing and footwear for the mountain when you leave for the lodge because of the change of vehicles on the way.
- One departure per day guaranteed (PM): departure from the Registration Centre at 3 p.m. The return is at 1 p.m. (exit from the lodge).
- A second departure may be offered depending on ridership (AM): departure from the Registration Centre at 10 a.m. The return is at 8 a.m. (exit from the lodge).
Total journey time to the lodge: 1:15 h.
- First departure from the Registration Centre at 8:30 a.m. The return is at 8:30 a.m. (exit from the lodge).
- Second departure from the Registration Centre at 1 p.m. The return is at 1 p.m. (exit from the lodge).
Total journey time to the lodge: 2:30 h. In winter, the last part of the journey (55 km) is completed by snowcat minibus.
In order to respect your departure time, you might need to stay in the region before going on to the lodge. Here are some establishments in which you can enjoy discounts.
Hôtel & Cie
Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs customers can get a discount on their accommodation. Certain conditions apply.
For information: 1-855-963-3321.
Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs customers can get a 15% discount on their stay at the hotel. Certain conditions apply.
For information: 1-888-427-7374.
- 18 bedrooms with 2 single beds or 1 king bed, full bathroom (bathrobes, bedding, towels, biodegradable soaps and shampoos, and hairdryer compliments of the lodge)
- Accessible from the common area, suspended balconies overlooking Chute Hélène waterfall and the surrounding mountains
- Dining room
- Bar with fireplace (games available)
- Multipurpose room: meetings, screenings, special activities such as thematic workshops (orientation and interpretation of the environment, etc.)
- There are no televisions or telephones in the rooms. However, it is possible to do large-screen viewings in the common room.
- A telephone line and an Internet station are available. There is no wireless Internet access.
- Please note that all cell phones are out of range on the lodge site.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the lodge, as are pets with the exception of guide dogs that accompany a blind person or a person with a motor disability. Two rooms are equipped for people with reduced mobility.
We invite you to eat, drink, and be merry
Between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. – Breakfast buffet served by a staff member.
Between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – Lunch buffet served by a staff member. If you’re heading out to the mountain, tasty and energy-rich lunch boxes will be prepared so that you can extend your excursions. All you have to do is inform the kitchen staff the day before.
Before dinner – Spend a happy hour at the bar area where you can exchange discoveries of the day, if you so desire.
Starting at 7 p.m. – Dinner, offering refined menus inspired by local produce in a relaxed atmosphere.
If you have special meal and preparation concerns, for example, in the case of food allergies, fill the form and return within a maximum period of 15 days before the beginning of the stay to email@example.com. An additional fee of $50 per person per day applies if we have not been notified of a food restriction at least 10 days prior your arrival.
The lodge's purchasing policy
All the items you buy at the bar and the shop during your stay are recorded and compiled. You’ll be asked to settle at the end of the stay. Tipping is at the discretion of customers.
Note: Drinks and sparkling water are not included in the package.
- Snowshoeing (11 trails ranging from 1.7 km to 15 km in length)
- Alpine ski touring
- Backcountry skiing
- Ski snowshoeing
- Hiking on marked trails
- Wildlife watching
- Massage ($): book a massage therapy session as soon as you arrive at the lodge
Download our free snow conditions app.
- Mountain hiking (6 trails ranging from 1.6 km to 19.8 km in length)
- Mountain biking (3 trails: 15 km, 20 km, and 27 km in length)
- Wildlife watching (moose, birds of prey, etc.)
- Natural environment interpretation
- Radio transmitter-receiver
- Avalanche victim detector
- Floater vest
- Topographic map
- Telescopic batons
- Alpine-touring ski set: boots, skis, bindings, poles, and climbing skins
- Splitboard set: board, boots, and climbing skins
- Electric-assisted mountain bike
- Double kayak
- Paddleboard (SUP)
Good to know!
You can bring your own ski or snowboard equipment..
Doing activities... guided or on your own?
All activities can be done independently or supervised by a guide. Programming is adaptable to your needs, depending on your interests and the weather. Supervised activities are offered to introduce certain unique natural features or provide access to more difficult mountainous areas.
Don’t forget that you’ve come to the lodge to find your own beat, sometimes active, sometimes more contemplative. You’ll always be able to opt for the comfort of the lodge rather than for the activities proposed.
What to bring
Small luggage for big adventures
Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs is located in mountainous territory, and weather conditions can change at the drop of a hat. On bare peaks, the wind sometimes blows very hard indeed. In these conditions, we advise you to dress “in layers”, i.e. by superimposing breathable clothing that can be removed or added if necessary.
In case you forget
Some items can be purchased on site at the lodge’s shop. Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs especially offers technical apparel. Please note, however, that inventory is limited and subject to change.
- Maximum weight of luggage MUST not exceed 20 kg (44 lbs).
- You can bring two pieces of luggage: a walking backpack and a flexible travel bag.
- All your luggage will need to be visibly identified.
In order to fully appreciate the mountain environment, we suggest you bring:
Technical winter apparel
- Hooded coat
- Insulated vest
- Ski pants
- Windbreaker pants
- Scarf or neck cover
- Two pairs of mittens
- Thermal underwear
- Three pairs of socks
- Insulated or uninsulated hiking boots
- Ski helmet and goggles
- Ski boots
- Snowboarding boots
Technical summer apparel
- Hooded windbreaker
- Sweater or hoodie
- Windbreaker pants
- Scarf or neck cover
- Thin tuque
- Three pairs of socks
- Hiking shoes
- Bike gloves, helmet, and short
Accessories to bring in any season
- Walking backpack (minimum 25 litres)
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Observation binoculars
- Toilet kit
- Alarm clock radio
- Indoor shoes
Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs offers stays and activities in a remote site, the Chic-Chocs mountain chain. The lodge wants to help you feel totally safe and secure.
The lodge’s guides are all trained to respond quickly to any call. They have received isolated-region first-aid training and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training and have completed the avalanche safety course given by the Centre d’avalanche de la Haute-Gaspésie.
An emergency response protocol has been developed with the various community stakeholders in the region. Motor vehicle access routes crisscross the territory and can be used if necessary. The lodge has a complete communication system. During excursions, the lodge’s guides are equipped with rescue equipment and radios.
In winter, guides make snow cuts to see how the snowpack is changing; this helps determine avalanche risks in certain parts of the territory.
In the summer, the lodge is more than an hour’s drive from the municipality of Sainte-Anne-des-Monts (2:30 hours in winter), and nearly a three-hour drive from the Sainte-Anne-des-Monts hospital. Transfer time in the event of an incident can be long and difficult, considering that evacuation in the natural environment can be affected by a number of factors, including the severity of the situation, the climate, and the location of the incident.
Moreover, without posing a considerable danger, it is understood that doing an activity in an isolated natural environment presents more risk at Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs given its distance from health services.
For all these reasons, it is essential that you respect the safety guidelines issued by the guides and that you exercise a high degree of caution when doing your activities.
You will need to have your own insurance in the event of a cancellation due to accident or illness. Transportation costs incurred for any emergency evacuation are entirely at your own expense.
We recommend that you check with your insurance company or the company that issues your credit card to see if they offer a product that covers the costs of emergency transportation (shuttle, ambulance, helicopter), medical care, and/or hospitalization.
Have a great stay!
Sépaq reserves the right to change without notice the services and terms and conditions included in this page.