Updated on September 8, 2021.
|Activities and services||Sectors||Status report|
|Big game hunting
Offered this fall.
- An agent will contact the group leader prior to the stay to plan a safe reception process, finalize pre-registration, and agree on the location and arrival time of the group. You must respect the time and place of the reception appointment you have been given.
- Normally only the group leader will be allowed to enter the registration centre, or one person at a time for the other group members, if necessary.
- We strongly recommend that you complete your pre-registration online.
- The group leader must plan to collect from each hunter the information required for pre-registration, including the hunter's name, the hunter's certificate number, the moose licence number, the calibre used, the registration number of the vehicles used for the hunt, as well as the signed document for the sharing of the adult female moose, if applicable. It will also be possible to do so at the registration centre.
- You must have in your possession all the provincial moose hunting licences for the entire group purchased in advance when you registered.
- When using the cold rooms, a procedure mask or face shield and protective gloves must be worn inside. A maximum of two guests will be allowed inside the cold room. Moose must be quartered for cold storage.
|Small game hunting
Offered this fall.
- Please follow the health guidelines posted on site.
- Masks must be worn in closed public areas such as registration centres.
- Before day hunting, you can obtain your access right online.
- We recommend that you bring all hunting licences purchased in advance if you possibly can.
Collection of small game hunting statistics
All hunters who have or have not harvested small game must complete the small game hunting declaration form to report their hunt and return it to the indicated location.
Specific measures for stays with accommodation
- Please respect the arrival and departure times of the cabins.
- The cabin capacity must be respected.
Please follow the sanitary guidelines posted on site.
Any change to your right of access must be brought to the attention of the wildlife reserve by calling 819-275-1811 before entering the establishment.
All catches must be recorded. Fill in your fishing results using the table provided with your right of access and deposit upon leaving in the external boxes provided for this purpose:
- La Macaza Registration Centre
- St-Michel sector entrance
- La Macaza sanitary bloc
- Ascension sector entrance
Hard copies of the catch recording table will be available on site for electronic access rights holders.
|Fishing stay with accommodation
Welcome guide (in French only)
- Saint-Michel-des-Saints Registration Centre is open according to regular hours of operation.
- Boat motor rental is offered at the Registration Centres.
- It is recommended that you bring your own personal flotation device.
- Watercraft, oars, and other watercraft-related equipment will not be cleaned. You must bring all the necessary items to clean equipment before use. The use of biodegradable soap or disinfectant is recommended.
- For people who do not live at the same address, a maximum of two people per rowboat is allowed and the distance of 1 metre must be respected. If this is not possible, a mask must be worn. Persons residing at the same address may be more numerous, depending on the capacity of the boat (up to three adults for a Sépaq rowboat).
- Surveillance will be provided on the territory, but we wish to remind you that outdoor activities may involve certain risks. You must always make sure you have the skills and abilities required to undertake the chosen activity. It is very important to know and respect your physical abilities. Find out more
- Day fishing access rights – You must have in your possession a valid day fishing access right. Here are the two options:
- Print enough copies to have one copy with you and one copy to leave in view on the dashboard of your vehicle during your day of fishing.
- Have an electronic version of your right of access in your smartphone or tablet. We suggest that you save or take a screenshot of it since the mobile network is not available everywhere.