Big game hunting
Come to Québec's best grounds
The best hunting locations in Québec are undoubtedly to be found in our wildlife reserves. An incomparable hunting offer combined with made-to-measure packages for all budgets; you’ve got the perfect scenario for your next moose- or deer-hunting stay.
High success rates | Vast exclusive hunting sectors | Cutting edge mapping tools | Qualified and passionate personnel
New registration platform for the random draws
You’ve already begun to dream about your next big-game hunting experience in one of our wildlife reserves? Well, you’ll be glad to know that you can register for random draws for fall 2023 big-game hunting stays from December 1, 2022 to January 15, 2023.
Free services, without hidden costs
• Transportation sledge and motorized winch available for hunters free of charge in all accommodation sectors.
• After-harvest equipment (bracket, chain hoist and gambrel) available in all hunting sectors.
• Free access to a cold room in all wildlife reserves.
• The services of a bloodhound handler provided free of charge, depending on availability at the time.
Cutting-edge mapping tools
• MicroSD files (for Garmin GPS) of hunting territories for free download online.
• Maps of the territory with geolocation of your position available on your cellphone via the Avenza Maps application.
Welcome to fresh recruits
No charge for young hunters: Add a young hunter (between 12 and 17 years of age or a student between 18 and 24 years of age with a valid hunting licence) to a pre-formed moose hunting group.
No charge for non-hunter companions: Non-hunters in the hunters’ entourage are admitted free of charge, making it possible to invite along friends and relatives who can take advantage of the facilities and have a real-life opportunity to see what hunting is all about. What a great way to initiate fresh recruits!
• Up to two accompanying parties accepted free of charge for cabins for five or fewer people
• Up to four accepted free of charge for cabins for six or more
• A maximum of six per campsite
• Does not apply for American plan packages
Transport coupons: advantageous regulation
Only two transport coupons are required to harvest a moose in a wildlife reserve, regardless of the number of hunters in the group. The regulation is in line with the practice in other territories. This way hunters, whose licence will remain intact, can go on other hunting trips if they so desire.
The zone registered on a licence does not have any impact when it comes to hunting in a given wildlife reserve. It makes all the difference for those intending on hunting in another territory at some future date. It is therefore important to have the zone of one’s choice registered on the licence in order to provide for this possibility.
Check out our low-cost options
Michel Therrien's tips
According to the hunting guide Michel Therrien, there are no bad times to hunt but only appropriate techniques for each of them. Follow these tips to get the most out of these hunting periods.