Photo credit: Simon-Pierre Murdock | © Sépaq
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons of camelina (or olive) oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into medium cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into medium cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into medium cubes
- 3 Italian tomatoes, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- 1 can (540 ml) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ can of peas, drained
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ cup rice of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package (14 g) of dried chanterelles
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (garnish)
- Fresh mint leaves (garnish)
- In a large pot, heat oil. Add onion, celery, carrots, and zucchini and steam heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, peas, garlic, parsley, and rosemary. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and dried chanterelles (optional) and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour into thermos.