Hot Apple Juice with Fir and Cranberries
Photo credit: Magazine Caribou | © Sépaq
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed old-fashioned apple juice
- ½ cup of water
- 2 or 3 slices of ginger about ¼ inch thick (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 10 to 12 fresh or frozen cranberries, crushed with fingers or cut in half
- 1 tablespoon of dried fir shoots
- 5 or 6 alder catkins (dune pepper), crushed
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer on low heat for about ten minutes.
- Filter through a fine sieve.
- Pour into a thermos.