Pulled bear with tomatoes
A recipe from the Bravejack team
- 700 g (1.5 lb) of bear shoulder roast
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 big (or 2 small) chopped onions
- 250 ml (1 cup) of white wine
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) of tomato paste
- 250 ml (1 cup) of broth
- 500 ml (2 cups) of crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- In an ovenproof pan, on a hot stovetop, brown the roast on all sides with olive oil.
- Reduce the intensity of the stovetop and sweat the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine and add all the other ingredients.
- Cover and place in the oven for three hours.
- Remove the roast from the sauce.
- Shred the meat using two forks, or fingers if you prefer.
- Meanwhile, reduce the sauce by half.
- Add the meat and warm up before serving..